DMC ONLINE DJ CHAMPIONSHIP 2015
The 2015 DMC Online DJ Championships is complete for this year and the 2015 Online Champion is DJ Vekked from Canada! You will be able to see Vekked at this year's World Final on October 4th at the Forum, London (Click Here To Buy Tickets). Check out the full Results here
Welcome to the biggest online DJ competition in the world, open to every DJ in every country! Sign up now to receive all the latest competition news and results!
Congratulations to DJ Vekked from Canada - The 2015 DMC Online DJ Champion! DMC would like to thank all the DJs from around the world who have entertained us in this years public rounds and finals and a big thank you from DMC and the DJs to everyone who voted! Click Here To See How The DMC World Champions Voted.
We would also like to thank our sponsors Rane & Pioneer for all their support throughout the year and providing fantastic prizes for our competitors.
The DMC World Finals 2015 takes place on October 4th at the Forum, London featuring all the very best DJs from around the globe. We currently have limited stock of early bird tickets available at a discounted price so make sure you head to the DMC Store and get yours ordered before they sell out! Click Here To Buy Tickets
DMC TEAM DJ CHAMPIONSHIPS 2015
The DMC Online Team Championship Final is complete for this year and the 2015 Online Team Champions are The Fresherthans from Canada!! You will be able to see The Fresherthans at this year's World Final on October 4th at the Forum, London (Click Here To Buy Tickets). Check out the full Results here
This year, for the first time in DMC history, the DMC Team DJ Championships goes online! Sign up now to receive all the latest competition news and results!
Congratulations to The Fresherthans (DJ Vekked & DJ Brace) from Canada - The 2015 DMC Online Team Champions! DMC would like to thank all the teams from around the world who have entertained us in this years public rounds and finals and a big thank you from DMC and the DJs to everyone who voted! Click Here To See How The DMC World Champions Voted.
DMC VISUAL DJ CHAMPIONSHIPS 2015
The DMC Visual DJ Championship is complete for this year. Congratulations to the 2015 Visual DJ Champion: Deejay Irie! Check out the full Results here
The winner of the first DMC VISUAL DJ CHAMPIONSHIP is Deejay Irie from Netherlands and the Runner Up for 2015 is DJ Brace from Canada.
DMC would like to thank all the DJs from around the world who have entertained us in the very first DMC Visual DJ Championship and a big thank you from DMC and the DJs to everyone who voted!
Our judges included ITV and MTV producers and our thanks go to:
Simon Withington (ITV - Producer of Best of 'Get Me Out of Here'/ 'It'll be all right on the Night' etc)
Lindsay Wesker (MTV programmer - Creator of MTV Base/MTV Dance - Mi-Soul DJ)
DJ Woody (Pioneer of the visual DJ editing art)
Cutmaster Swift (DMC Producer/Editor/World Champion)
Deejay Irie (2015 Visual DJ Champion) Receives:
Rane TTM57 MKII Performance Mixer (from Rane)
Serato Video Software (from Rane)
DJ Brace (2015 Visual Championship Runner Up) Receives:
£100 voucher to shop at the DMC World Store
What's Next For The Visual DJ Championships?
DMC noted from this experimental event, two divisions in the art.
(1) The DJs who predominantly scratched their way and kept control, many in vision themselves.
(2) Those who selected music and mixed the visuals using film from many sources.
In light of this, in 2016 the second VISUAL DJ challenge will launch with two contests. DMC has for 33 years avoided laying down rules believing the DJs and the DJ fans will decide the direction of the art.
Here are some basics:
EVENT 1: THE VISUAL-SCRATCH DJ 2016.
- All film must be animated by the DJ himself.
- Entries to be 6 minute maximum, 3 minutes minimum.
EVENT 2: THE VISUAL-PRODUCER 2016.
- Featured music may be *well known tracks or the DJs original production or a combination of both.
*NOTE: Whilst most labels, artists and their publishers thrive on promotion and exposure, there may be objections from the publishing copyright owners which could force DMC to delete an entry. This has never happened but we need to post notice that it is always a possibility and there would be little we could do about it.
- Entries to be 6 minutes maximum, 3 minutes minimum.
- Both contests are open to DJs and wannabe video producers alike.
- Both contests are global.
- Each month 2 winners will go through to the finals from both events.
- The platforms will be open to entries over 6 x 1 month heats under public voting.
- Monthly winners from both categories will go forward to the 2016 finals where public voting will decide the TOP 6 FINALISTS.
- After the final heat our selected judging panels will have two weeks to select the winners from the public's favourites.
- The Scratch contest will be judged by established international DMC Champions.
- The Remix contest will once again be judged by selected professional film producers and programmers.
- Contestants can enter or re-enter each of the six one month heats with their original entry or a new production.
- Anyone winning a heat will not be eligible to enter further heats.
The prizes in 2016 will be announced before the competition starts.
Other Brand New Online DJ Competitions Coming In 2015 / 2016
DMC PURE SCRATCH CHAMPIONSHIP
In response to the DJS and fans calling for a scratch competition, DMC will also be launching the PURE SCRATCH competition later on in the year.
Event Schedule: 2015 (TBC): 4 x 1 week HEATS.
UNDER 18s CHAMPIONSHIPS 2016
DMC “Let’s encourage the next generation of DJs”. Launching January 2016.
Event Schedule: Early 2016.